I encountered a strange issue recently where I had translated labels for the Goal and Goal Metric entities. The objective was to change all occurrences of “Goal” to “Target” by modifying translations.
I managed to change the localized labels of the translations file and successfully imported them back into CRM. I then exported a managed solution containing these translations and attempted to import them into a target system which gave me the following error upon import:
The full error message reads:
The evaluation of the current component(name=LocalizedLabel, id=c31c57b2-fe10-4ba1-825b-e295ef36bc6b) in the current operation (Update) failed during managed property evaluation of condition: Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.IsRenameableCondition
This error has been fixed in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 7. I installed this rollup on the target system and attempted the deployment again and the solution imported without any issues.